- Bought dishtowels for the kitchen at work to cut down on our paper towel use.
- Brought a plate, silverware and cups to work to use instead of disposables.
- Started a compost bucket at work that I bring home each week.
- Using bar soap instead of bottled bath/shower gels to avoid the plastic.
- Making eco-friendly choices when it comes to prepackaged or overly packaged items.
- Washing in cold on short cycles.
- Using an all-natural, completely biodegradable laundry soap.
- Line drying most of our laundry.
- Just saying NO to cards and gift wrap. We're making our own or coming up with creative alternatives.
- We're trying to purchase gifts that are more eco-friendly - hand made, locally made, or the gift of service (think massage!) or tickets (play, concert, sports, zoo, museum).
- We're "compacting" - trying to avoid buying new, freecycling and buying used as much as possible.
- I bring a tupperware when I get lunch in our cafeteria at work, so that I don't have to use (and subsequently throw away) a styrofoam container.
- We have eliminated paper towels, instead using wash clothes for messes (and messy little boys).
- Using cloth napkins instead of paper.
- All of our home cleaning products are now natural products. Vinegar, Hydrogen Peroxide, Borax, Washing Soda and Baking Soda can clean just about anything.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Things we've accomplished this year!
Labels: our green progress